So today, I'm still proud of my finish yesterday. I was getting worn down by then I realized that the finish line was just around the corner and I took off like the speedy thing I know I can be. I ran the whole thing, finished strong, and I am not sore today. I want to post more pictures from the zoo for you.
This is one of the tigers. I was amazed at how many adults do not know their big cats. Parents were telling their kids all sorts of wrong info. There are signs identifying the animals, if you don't know them.
They are kinda hard to see in the picture but I think they were called rhinoceros horn-bills. They were just the craziest birds I had ever seen. It looked almost like they had two beaks. The top one is orange, not a beak, the bottom one is yellow, is the beak.
This is the cheetah that wanted to run and play with us. They can run 60m/hr. Pretty amazing. They breath in the opposite way of us. Our diaphragm pulls down forcing our lungs to take in air. As the cheetah runs the mechanics of the body movement forces air in and out of their lungs, like an accordion. This is what allows them to be able to run so fast. Sorry once a teacher, always a teacher.
I made the best, easy dinner last night. We grow asparagus and we had our last harvest of the season. I used the recipe from allrecipes.com It is the lemon asparagus pasta. I added cherry tomatoes and a bit of balsamic vinegar for a bit of a kick.
Today is a rest day, even though I'm itching to get out there. I really want to bike, but it is drizzly out. Plus I have to return my mother's chickens to her.





No comments:
Post a Comment