Saturday, April 20, 2013

Gross, Snotty Run

Today's post is going to be gross.  Please feel free to skip if you don't want to hear about my boogers.

After working all night I climbed into bed, the first two hours of sleep were great, but then every hour there were loud noises.  It is to be expected that the world would not give up their beautiful Saturday to let me sleep.  Oh well.  I was planning on getting up about three and going for me run.  Well, I could sleep past 2:15, even though I tried.  So I caught up on the running blog I read.  I just started reading it.  I'm now in 2009 in her blog.  I like it because I have so much more to read.  Plus she is funny.  I'll try to post a link here later.  It is the first blog that I have really read and what inspired me to write.  She has bad runs and skips some and she does gloss over it.  It seems like a true account as opposed to some holier-than-thou running propaganda.  Wow, who know I had such vehemence in there.

Anyway today's run, I grabbed the dog (afternoon run) and we headed out.  2.6ish miles.  My goal was under thirty.  I forgot to wear my sports watch with a stopwatch, but it took about 27 minutes.  I didn't look at the second hand.  There was quite a bit of walking today.  I started out really struggling.  About 3/4 mile into I need to blow my nose.  I usually bring a tissue with me.  I tend to be snotty to begin with.  Well, I forgot my tissue and was forced to use my sleeve.  At this point I was glad I wore a T-shirt. I normally run in a wife beater.  I then had a nasty green blob on my sleeve.  I rolled my short sleeves up and kept going.  From that point on I could breath much easier.  It was amazing much that made the run.  Then I turned the corner and was on the last leg, less than a mile to go, I feel like I have a sputum blocking my trachea.  I pull off into a farm.  I look like I'm about to puke because I'm having trouble breath, and what does the dog do?  He LIED down in the grass.  I said wait a minute.  Number one you are suppose to take a shit now, to cover for your mother and two we are exercising not napping!  I literally had to drag him the last 1/4 mile.  I'm sure it is funny to see me pulling a 112lb black great dane/lab mix down the road.

Number one reason for bringing the dog is so people looat the dog instead of me
Number two reason for bringing the dog is so I can breath while he is peeing on tall clumps of grass
and Three so he poops to buy me time to adjust the phlegm in my chest.

He is so fired, then I remember that when we used to run regularly 4ish years ago the longest I would take him was 3 miles and he was 4 years younger than.  From now on he'll just get to go for the short ones until he builds his endurance back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment