I had a big test this morning and then a full day of class. I was scheduled to run 3 miles today. I have been feeling little dizzy and light-headed so I wasn't sure how it was going to go. On my way home I measured the distance going to other direction on my road to have few hills on my run. the 5k that is on Sun. is pretty flat and so is the running course in August.
I remembered tissues, the charged ipod, and the stopwatch. I went the full 3 miles. The first mile went pretty well. I try really hard not to walk in the first mile and I didn't. 9:07, not bad. The wind was at my back. I found my stride around the .5m mark. My body stopped struggling against me. The second mile I did quite a bit of walking, mostly around the 1.5 mark. 20:29. The second mile my brain started acting up. Once I was headed home the wind was pushing against me. It was much harder to hear my book on tape. The Art of Racing in the Rain. The protagonist is a dog who makes observations about his family and the world and understands/frustrated with his limitation of interacting with it. In chap 8, Enzo, the dog, is listening to his "master" talk about race car driving in the rain. (another palindrome) He says something along the lines of 'you manifest that which is in front of you.' The wind picked up. I thought it is either pushing you back or it is cool you off as you go through it. I manifest how this last mile will go. At the 2.5 I said no more walking period. Even if you run one mailbox at a time. It is my brain holding me back, not my body. So, I ran the last half mile. I even picked it up at the end and finished with a sprint, my favorite part. 30:31. My goal for Sunday is under 30, but I secretly would love to beat my dad's PR, or at least come close enough to scare him a little. He talks a lot of smack. If I did my math correctly:
mile 1 9:07
mile 2 11:22
mile 3 10:02
No comments:
Post a Comment