I'm sorry that it has been a while since I've written. I'm also sorry that the first thing I've written in a while was a drunken mess.
Most of my friends are significantly older than myself. One of my friends lives in an old tavern. When they bought it, it didn't have all the walls let alone electricity and running water. They have done an amazing job restoring the building. They do most of the work themselves which is amazing. They also research/collect things related to George Washington. They do not believe that Washington would have stayed at their tavern but that he would have visited it for meals. The building dates back to the mid 1700's. Well, another friend of ours is a painter. He painted a copy of Charles Peale's portrait of Washington in Trenton. Last night was the unveiling of the painting. They served all of George Washington's favorite foods and fish house punch. After looking up recipes this morning for the punch I see why I was sleeping on the bathroom floor last night. It was a fun evening. I'm really glad that we were invited.
No comments:
Post a Comment