Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sneaky Broads

My mom is a member of a walking club.  They are three women that meet in the community park and walk.   I lovingly call them the Sneaky Broads.  She is also a member of a book club that I call Broads on Books and a garden club that I call The Dirty Broads. Anywho, the community park is also where the transition area is for the tri.  This morning I grudgingly decided to wake up erly and go to the park and run the 5k of the tri.  I got back to the park in perfect time to join the Sneaky Broads for their morning constitutional.  They meet at 7:30.  We walked for 50 mins. And talked about grandchildren and the houses we passed.  It was very nice.  They did comment that they thought they were going faster than normal.  They decided they were showing off for me.  W passed several schools in our journey.  We got to talking about parent pick up and drop off.  I told them what we used to do at the Catholic school.  One woman asked how can you tell which child goes in what car.  My response, "Well, it is a Catholic school so anywhere between 3 and 6 kids get into a car, you kinda get to know the family."  My mom thought this was kinda funny.

Now that the new mailbox post is cemented in, I'm going to move the mailbox over and then head back down into the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment