Monday, May 13, 2013

From the Mouths of Babes

Friday:  I rode 7.65 miles.  I'm still working on trying to upload the trip from the Garmin.  I just haven't sat down to do it.  It was a good ride, but my bike would slip in and out of gear as I was pedaling.  It will have to come down into "my shop" for some work.  I would love to do it today.  That way I can alter the pedal cages and attach my new bike computer.  When I got off the bike I then went for my first BRICK.  I was going to run a mile.  I got off the bike and started the run and felt good.  I run around the yard after each bike ride so my legs are pretty use to it.  Once I tried to make them go farther then the yard, they protested.  I ended up walking most of the mile with a tight left quad, but I still did it.  I ran it home and sprinted at the end.

I also then mowed the lawn and weed-wacked the hell out of it.  I totally consider that x-training.  I was a major arm workout that I felt for a few days.  Plus my four year old niece was visiting.  We went to the water and got in up to our shorts.  It was cold but not too cold where it took your breath away.  I think I will get to start swimming soon.

Saturday:  We went to an awesome canning class in Philly.  We have a big garden and are going to join a CSA.  I want a way to preserve all this good food but am afraid of getting people sick with canning.  I feel much more confident now.  Plus the strawberry jam we made is are REALLY YUMMY!

Sunday: I slept most of day since I had worked the night before, but then went to Mom's house for dinner where we did the cooking and cleaning.  Then we played a few games of rummikub and watched the season final of Project Runway.  The Whip made a wonderful meal of stir-fry shrimp and asparagus, brown rice, and a fully homegrown spinach, arugula, and radish salad.  For desert we had vanilla ice cream with our strawberry jam as a topping.  The jam is made with a different type of pectin so it uses much less sugar then normal so you really get to taste to fruit.

Monday:  Today I went for a run.  I ran 2.8 miles.  I ran most of it and walked some.  I did it in 29:23.  I think the biking is building different leg muscles which is making it harder to run.  I have decided that every day that I exercise will include at least a mile run, just to keep the running part of my legs developed too.  I have a 5k this weekend and I have a good feeling about it.  I enjoyed my run this morning.  I was hoping to swim a bit today but I think it might storm so I'll stick to the kitchen.

As I said my four year old niece was visiting. 

Niece: You have a booboo on your hand.
The Wife: Yes, I was playing with our cat and she got a little too rough.
Niece: You have a cat?
TW: Yes, we have two.
N: You have two?  Are they both girls?
TW: Yes
N: Why?
TW: Well, they are sisters.
N: Are they married?
TW: No, they are sisters.

I love it.  I think the niece is still trying to figure out my marriage.  The niece just turned four and The Wife and I have been together 5 years in November, so The Wife is not new, but our wedding anniversary is June 30. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day.  I'm off to buy a new mailbox post someone has run into ours yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment