Monday, May 20, 2013

In the Water

Yesterday I went for a bike ride.  It was not very successful.  I was struggling and probably should have taken the day off.  I wanted to go 10 miles but ended up going 4.3.   I was full of self-doubt.  I was getting really down on myself.  Here I was struggling to bike, I hadn't been in the water yet.  Everyone who has done a tri makes a big deal about the swim.  I had even been in the water yet.  I'm flailing on two of the three events.  

I decided I would hit the water today.  Let me just see how bad I am at swimming.  I understand that swimming by myself and in a crowd of people are two different things, but let me just see where I'm jumping off.  I ended up swimming four lengths of the dock.  Not too bad.  I did my mortified breast stroke because the water was really choppy.  There were white caps and the like.  Tomorrow I'm going to bring my GPS and walk the dock to see how far a length is.  I need to be able to do a half mile.  I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment