Monday, March 18, 2013

FIELD TRIP!

Yesterday I went on a field trip.  I bought a new to me bike off Craigslist.  I'm so excited.  A nice British couple was selling it.  It had been the wife's bike when she used to tris.  It was built as a tri bike.  It has aero bars and caged pedals, which is great so I can bike in my running shoes.  Gladys is just too tall for me.  I think this bike is a much better fit.  When the sun comes up, I'll take a picture.  I'm still going to do a little work on Gladys and see if my dad want to use her.

That's right, my dad.  He has recently lost over forty pounds and has signed up to do the race as well.  It will be his first tri too.  We won't run together because we'll have different start times, but it will be nice to know he is out there too.  It has really amped up his work outs too.  He told me last night over Corn Beef and Cabbage (capital letters because it is one of my all time favorite meals) that he used to be happy if he walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill but not anymore.  My mom is super cute, she says she is in training for training.  On the weekends she has been walking my dad's runs and biking with him. 

Next weekend my brother and his brood are coming to town, so my dad, brother and I might go for a ride.  Mom and I are going to go for a ride today.

Today is the start of my Spring Break.  I have to work tonight, but it is the only day a work this week.  Today I'm going to couch and read my book for school.  Gang Leader for a Day for sociology class.  I have to write a paper about it by Friday.  So couching, reading and a bike ride is my relaxing day before work.  Benny, the dog, is already fast asleep next to me.  I'll let you know how the ride went later.

No comments:

Post a Comment