My goal is to workout five days a week. If I do three I won't be mad at myself. Yesterday, I was hoping to run but my running partner was sick and the couch was really comfy. My mom asked if we could go for a walk, she is trying to lose weight, how could I say no? The three of us headed out, she, myself, and my dog. My dog counts as a whole because he weighs over 100lbs. He is a great Dane lab mix. We power walked 3 miles.
My goal is to run M,W,F and bike T, H. Until the water temp warms up and I add swimming. I do kitchen swim at least twice a week. I just wonder what the neighbors think! So, today was suppose to be a bike day, but I really wanted to run. I got my iPod issues settled so I was able to put an audiobook on it, I was ready to go. I got to the gym and realized that I didn't bring my ear phones. :(
I did figure out how to hook up earphones to the dreadmill and bike, but alas no earphones. I wasn't sure how this work out was going to go. Since I'm in "pre-season" I'm really flexible with what I do. I try to push my bike workout to be a third longer than running, other than that I roll with it. I was able to get on the dreadmill in front of the tv on hgtv instead of sports, score, I ran for a mile and then hoped on the bike. I rode for three miles and then realized that I hadn't been on the bike for 15 minutes. So I rode until the 15 was up, 3.3miles. I then got back on the dreadmill! I ran for a quarter of a mile, walked half and then ran for the last quarter. I always look forward to the sprint at the end of my run. When you leave it all on the road. I jogged until I hit the mile marker so I would know that I would get my mileage, but then I cranked up the machine and just ran. It was amazing! My labored breathing became even and my body was like this is what I want to do. I remembered how much I like running fast. I ran another quarter. My next dreadmill run I'm going to remember my headphones, open her up and just see what the old girl can do!
No comments:
Post a Comment