Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bike ride

Mom and I drove the running and biking portion of the race on Monday.  She missed the turn and we just kept going.  I got so dishearten.  I thought there was no way I can do this, bu then she realized that she missed the turn.  I feel better about now.  I'm still feeling overwhelmed.  I just keep telling myself "that why you signed up for an August race.  You have time to get there.  One thing for sure is that it is a really hilly course.

After we drove the course we headed out on our bikes.  I think I went about 4 miles.  I know I sound like a runner not a biker, but it is what it is.  I just half way up the second hill and thought to myself, I have to make it home from here.  I turned around and headed back to the park.  Once I got closer to the finish  it got easier.

Biking fucking sucks!  It is way harder then I remember.  True I haven't been on a bike in oh twenty years. I tried to spit the first time and I really thought it landed on my shoulder because I was afraid to turn my head.  The next two times went fine.  I'm working on getting used to the caged pedals.  I got better at flipping the pedal over so I could get my foot in.  I also used the aero bars three times.  I swerve way more with them.  It was cold and rainy.  I was coasting down the first big hill and the wind was trying really hard to keep me on top of the hill. 
This is my new bike.  From now on I'm going to hold the camera upside and see if that helps.  I did learn how to position it different on the page.  I had a bad night at work on Monday, but when I woke up Tuesday afternoon the sun was out.  It was warm.  I slept for about 5 hours and everything was better. 

Today the plan is that mom is going to come over this morning and we are going to clean the house really well and fix the gutter.  We are then meeting for dinner at like 3:30 which means leaving earlier.  So I hope to get a run in between cleaning and dinner.  I do totally count cleaning as cross training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment