On Tuesday I got up early and went for an18.1 mile ride. It took me 1:18. There were a few traffic stops and the like but a very nice ride. I've noticed it takes me about a mile into a run until I 'get my stride'. I think I have noticed that it takes me about three miles into a bike ride until I'm in the groove. This does also coincide with the hills that I tackle at the beginning of every bike ride. I was very excited because I have now pedaled my race distance.
Yesterday, I woke up feeling awful. I was dragging and just not feeling into it. I figured I pack my running stuff and go to the gym after class. I procrastinate. After class I started the debate. I decided I would go and if I wasn't feeling it, I would walk. When I got inside the gym was almost empty, I got my favorite dreadmill and hoped on. I put in my headphones and was hoping the news was on it. It was. I was at an easy jog, listening to the verdict over DOMA and waiting to hear about Prop 8. I was running and think about the positive ways this will affect my life, like joint health insurance, filing taxes together etc. After I heard about Prop 8 I looked down saw that I was going faster than I realized, was crying, and had gone almost 3 miles. I was feeling good, so I cranked up the speed went a bit more and then did it a few more times to sprint my way to 3.4 miles. I left feeling great.
I then ran home and showered. Sweat was running in rivulets down my arms. I then met a good friend for a nice lunch. It was a great day yesterday.
It WAS a great day . . .super news and a fantabulous lunch with my Katie!
ReplyDelete