I took a week off because of the horse incident. My shoulder is still messed up, but better enough. I could stand taking more time off. I never would have guessed that I would say that. This week my biking was awesome. I see how tapering before the race will really help. I wasnt sure before if it made sense but now i know. I flew on my bike this week.
Tuesday I went for a ten mile and it was my ride of large animals. I was riding and came across two worms that were over a foot long and as thick as a sharpie. Then as I was pedaling home I came across a turtle the size of a dinner plate. It was in the middle of the travel lane on a busy road. The cars go 60-65mph on this road. How could I leave it? I put my bike down and walked over to this large critter and it started hissing and jumping at me. I am not a turtlist. I can't tell them apart. I knew it wasn't a red ear slider but other than that, I know nothing. I was afraid it was a snapping turtle. I car was coming so I went back to the shoulder. The SUV just straddled it, but it still jumped up to attack the car. I knew I had to get it out of the road. I went looking for a stick. That way if it was a snapping turtle I could get it to snap onto the stick instead of my finger. Well, i couldn't find a stick, go figure, the only time I think I could find a stick. I found a thicker green weed. The turtle started walking toward me and the green leaves. His little nose was bleeding from where he hit the car. I then thought he might just walk the rest of the way. Well, then another car was coming. It stopped. I was like crap, now I have to go pick it up. I went over and told him that I was going to pick him up. I started to and he kinda flipped over a little. I sternly told him to stop that and I picked him up again and moved him into the tall grass next to the road, in the direction he was going.
Then yesterday I pedal 16.7 miles. I was only two shy of my race distance. It felt really good. I wasn't sure how long I would go. I left early so I would have plenty of tme to go as far as I wanted and not have to turn around because of time.
This morning I ran an easy 2.9 miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment