Saturday, June 15, 2013
Favorite runs
We are visiting the wife's family and friends for her birthday and this is where we were both living when we met. Last night we stayed at a friends house that live near one of my favorite runs. After a night of tequila and laughs I set out my running clothes for the morning so I didn't disturb everyone when I snuck out it the am. I couldn't find the car keys. I got so disappointed but I thought that I wouldn't be able to go to the park where I learned that I like running. After I had a little hissyfit in my head I climbed into bed and said to myself, run it in your head. As I was calming down to go to sleep I pictured the different little ponds that the trail winds around. I pictured all the tree roots and turns. I saw the turtles jumping off the banks into the water. It was really serene. When I woke up I got dressed and found the keys and was able to go. I snuck out and ran. I went around all the lakes a few times and thought all about the different people that I have run with in this park, some of whom are no longer with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment