Saturday night at the end on June one could plan on it being warm. It also happened to be humid. My dad and I ran a 5k while the wife, the mother, an aunt, a cousin, and a niece all walked the I mile course. It was nice to be there all together doing something fun, different, and active. A while back when signing up for the race I asked dad if he wanted to run together or each run our own race. He said he would run my pace with me. It was nice. The bad thing was that they had one young guy maybe 14yo running the aid station. He didn't have waters prepared when I past the water station either time. When I was finished my mother and aunt, both nurses, seemed to be a bit worried. They said that my face was purple and the tip of my nose was white, too much circulation and not enough. They said I looked like I was in distress. Dad did a great job he finished close on my heels.
Yesterday was the wife and my 1 year wedding anniversary. W went for a two mile walk in the woods, did some garden maintaince, made a cake and went out to dinner.
Today, it is raining. I got up erly to go swimming but it was storming. I packed my clothes and heading to the gym after class. I struggled for the first 1.5 to 2 miles but then felt like I could have run all day. I wonder why it is taking longer to find my stride. Now it is raining again and it is the perfect weather to go barefoot trail running. A cooling rain but the air temp is still warm you you don't get cold. The ground is soft. I'm now debating going up to the park for a second quick run or taking a long hot bath.
No comments:
Post a Comment