Thursday, February 28, 2013

Success on the rower!

    I'm taking too many classes this semester due to the fact that my Winter session classes have papers due every week.  The last one is due during spring break.  Once I get through that, life will be easier.  Today I was able to combat the tedium of the gym by bring my research for this weeks paper. It is about the use of alternative medicine for sleep disorders.  As I pedaled awayi wasn't forced to read subtitles on some sporting event I care nothing about, I read.  I started on the standard bike, in kinda the position I would be in on a road bike.  I did this to steady my hands as I was trying to highlight.  The first mile flew by.  After 2 1/4 miles I jumped on the bike that is more like a chair and finished my five miles.  Walking in I wasn't sure if I had four in me, but I had planned to do five.  The reading did the trick.  It was still hard to highlight in the chair like bike, but I had my journals on a clipboard and just braced it on my chest.  I was feeling pretty good after the five, but I didn't really feel like I had worked my abs.  So I hopped on the row machine.  I had tried one once before in a different failed attempt to workout a few years ago.  I got on, could nearly do one pull and gave up.  I was told later that it is adjustable.   Today the rower was set to suitable amount of resistance.  I might google it later to determine just how to adjust it.  I saw where one would adjust it, I just didn't try today.  I did row for ten minutes.  I was glad to get my arms involved.  I tried to use them as mush as possible.  We will see if they are putty tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment