Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My running date finally happened!  We ran a mile walked a mile.  It felt so good to be out in the sun, in the woods running again.  I get so energized being surrounded by nature.  It felt awesome.  It also felt good to chat and run.  Sometimes I like to run by myself and have in my head time, but other times it's nice to be a little distracted.  Plus it helps me to stretch.  My new running partner is a stretcher.  Stretching is one of my favorite things to do, I don't know why I don't do it more often.  It was always one of my favorite parts of ballet class when I was little.
     I think running trails is physically harder.  It had rained all night so my feet sank in the ground as I was running, there are tree roots, hills and turns.  The treadmill I really have to fight mental stagnation.  I'm running, obsessively watching the counter to hit my distance and trying to distract myself reading the subtitles on what ever sports program is on the tv.
      I got good and bad news from my doctor yesterday.  I was diagnosed with Lupus a year ago, so exercise is really important.  Good news:  the disease is being managed enough that I only have to go every six months.  The bad news:  I've gained 7 pounds since Oct.  that is my biggest weight gain ever.  I called my mom and she laughed at me.  She said misery loves company. And that she was glad she wasn't the only one gaining.  I know she was just teasing, but gotta love moms.  Needless to say this fatty boom-ba-latty is going to get she ass running and biking more.  Come Aug, time for next visit and first triathlon, there will be less of me on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment