Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tri-ing hiatus

On July 13, I did a super sprint.  It was 1/4 mile swim, 8 mile bike, and a 2.4 mile run.    Three things I learned, I need to swim more in rough water, bike more hills, and run when I'm tired.  My bike chain was slipping during the bike portion.  I need to take it in and get it looked over.  I haven't done much training since.

The Wife joined a gym a while back but doesn't go.  I told her that I could meet her after work, so I joined as well.  The two weeks after the tri we went regularly which was good, but it was all that I was doing, now we don't even do that.  I've swam a few times.  I've really been struggling with the Lupus.  The heat just drains so much out of me.  I wake up after a full night sleep, wak
L the dog and then have to take a nap.  The fatigue that comes with autoimmune diseases is just awful.  Plus my joints are hurting.  I know that if I excercise I will get more energy and my joints will hurt less, but I can't stay awake long enough.

Today is Aug 1st.  I have 25 days until the race.  I rededicated myself  to training and my goal of completing the tri with a smile on my face.  Today I ran/walked somewhere around 3 miles.  The garmin is dead and I can't remember where I put the cord to charge it.  So I just went and will just go again tomorrow.  I'm visiting a dear friend in New Jersey for the next few days and will run around here a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment